small, fast "Live Aboard" boat trip with the sole purpose of finding the best surf from central to male islands...no excuses!
6-16 Sept 2018
Fly to Male International (MLE). When everyone's arrived we then take an internal flight down to Laamu. Max weight allowance is 25kg. 2 boards max I reckon. Then fly out from Male on 12th. Will discuss when booking
Trip overview - the 'Wave Hunting' trip
This boat trip's sole purpose is to find the best surf in the Maldives over 10 days. Starting in the Central Atolls, we will be staying or moving depending on the current surf and the forecast. We will have tons of options to move up to the more consistent and softer N, Male breaks, or stick around and surf the heavier, hollower, less crowded waves of the Central Atolls. The choice will be down to just us!
This particular trip will have waves which are faster and hollower than the more popular waves in the North Male Atolls, therefore each guest should be confident and competent in hollower waves.
Why book with UniSURFity?
- The boat is solely for UniSURFity guests... All guests are spoken to make sure that they are of the right nature and level to share a boat with others. Greedy wave hogs are not invited!
- Coaching. Jez has coached over 17,000 surfers now and has seen it all. Whether you've surfed for a day or 30+ years. His analytical eye will definitely find a way of improving your surfing.
- Guidance... in water and out of water break guidance
- Max of 7 guests. No more insta-crowds.
- Not a travel from A to B trip. The timing and start point has specifically been designed to get the most out of the forecast. If the Central's are on, we'll stay until the last minute to get back. If not, then we can head up to Male Atolls for more performance surf. Flexibility is key.
- Perfect for the solo traveller. This trip can make a dream come true. If you haven't any surfing friends to come with..you'll have 6 new ones when you leave!
- Specific lessons and coaching to your personal needs as well as to the groups.
- Coaching using at least one video analysis or photography session per day (bring a hard drive, it'll be yours to keep)
- Guidance to the best breaks with specific tips on where to sit on the break for that session.
- Water safety.
- Transport to and from the mother ship to the surf breaks.
- Full board accommodation in air conditioned rooms on a boat selected for it's quality and professional service.
- Unlimited Water.
- Boat transfers to/from the airport to the main vessel and airport.
- If you need to work or have contact whilst down there 4G is available for 80% of the time. Bring an unlocked phone for a local SIM (we can arrange this at the airport)
- Holiday insurance which covers surfing. I really recommend surfoffsure.co.uk for a surf specific policy that even covers your equipment.
- Waterproof sunscreen. I recommend Aloe Up for kids which you can find here. I use SPF50.
- Some USD for the boat's bar, souvenirs, and crew tips. Beer is typically $3 per tin.
- Spare everything - fins, leashes, boards, a ding repair kit. There's no surf shops here so bring what you might need.
Pack light. You will be wearing what you surf in for pretty much the whole time. 2 of everything helps, so 2 boardies or Bikini's, 2 rashy's, 2 sets of fins, 2 leggies. Warm clothes are what you travelled in. See..easy to stay under 25kg!
Reef boots are always a good idea for anyone new to reef surfing. A foot cut can ruin your holiday, so bring some. Also if your really prone to sunburn then bring a long sleeve rashvest and maybe even some lycra leggings as the backs of your legs will get cooked!