Expert coaching in the mecca of european surfing.
7 / 14 Days
Fly to Biarritz airport (BIQ) which is a well fed airport by the cheap airlines. The accommodation is just a very short, 20 to 30 minute drive away. Depending on your arrival time, we should be able to drop off your luggage and go surfing straight away!
The area of "Les Landes,"where we'll be based, has been the mecca for European surfing since the 80's onward and for good reason. The coastline is basically a 240km long beach stretching from Arcachon down to Biarritz and beyond. Due to this massive, long strip of silver white sand, the coastline generates some of the best beach breaks in the World. From challenging hollow waves in Hossegor through to gentle longboard waves in Biarritz, there really is something for everyone here.
Combine this dream of a surfer's playground with beachside accommodation in our own private villa, and you have the perfect recipe for a fun, relaxed but rewarding coaching trip.
- Specific lessons and coaching to your personal needs as well as to the group.
- One video or photograph analysis session per day.
- Guidance to (and in) the best breaks, with specific tips on where to sit on the break for that session.
- Water safety.
- Transport to and from the villa to surf breaks.
- Breakfast only.
- Transfers to and from the airport.
- 2mm wetsuit or wetsuit top. The water will be around the 19 to 23 Celcius, but a wetsuit for early mornings and windy days is recommended.
- Warm clothes and a waterproof/windproof jacket for the occasional cold evening.
- Holiday insurance which covers surfing. I really recommend surfoffsure.co.uk for a surf specific policy that even covers your equipment.
- Waterproof sunscreen. I recommend Aloe Up for kids which you can find here.
- Euro's for evening meals, drinks and snacks.
Eating out in France is great but can be expensive. With such a nice villa, it would be sacrilege not to use the BBQ. The local markets are crammed with amazing produce from the local area. From seafood to the famous wines, there's a lot to choose from at a real good price too.