The desert trip. Not for the faint hearted - A trip into the back of beyond.
Fly to Agadir (AGA). Get to the airport for the morning. EasyJet has regular flight from Gatwick. We’ll be there to meet you and drive you down South to the villa. We will then make a plan on where and when to head according to the forecast.
Who doesn't like adventure? This trip is all about letting the forecast dictate your trip. There are so many amazing surf spots in the Sahara which we will visit and call home for the duration of the trip. Armed with a fleet of trucks, supplies and tents. We'll be heading down into the desert hunting for perfect waves. Eating locally caught seafood which will be prepared by our Berber guides.
- Specific lessons and coaching to your personal needs as well as to the group.
- Coaching using at least one video analysis or photography session per day.
- Guidance to and “in” the best breaks with specific tips on where to sit on the break for that session.
- Water safety.
- Transport to and from the villa.
- Full board accommodation either in tents, fisherman's huts, local's houses or in the main villa. Either place will be close to the waves.
- Transfers to and from the airport.
- 4x3mm wetsuit + reef boots.
- Small first aid kit.
- Warm clothes and a waterproof/windproof jacket for the cold desert nights.
- Head torch.
- Holiday insurance which covers surfing. I really recommend surfoffsure.co.uk for a surf specific policy that even covers your equipment.
- Waterproof sunscreen. I recommend Aloe Up for kids which you can find here.
- Some local currency to buy souvenirs, local massage, or some snacks on the way to the beach.
- Spare everything - fins, leashes, boards, a ding repair kit. As you can imagine there are no surfshops where we're heading.
We're going to have nothing but a fire, our surf kit and essentials. No electricity either. So bring a book or 2, some card games and a good sense of humour. This is going to be camping but with ridiculously good, empty waves out front. This trip is like a survival course with surfing involved