Peniche: If it's good enough for the World tour...
€865 per week
Mar 30 onwards
Fly to Lisbon (LIS). Get to the airport for the morning. There are many bargain flights from the cheap airlines. Once again, just get to the airport and we'll take it from there. We'll drive up to the villa close which is in walking distance to the beach. Peniche is a 40 minute drive from Lisbon.
Peniche is the home of the world famous 'Supertubos'. This place is exceptional. Quite frankly the most consistent spot in Europe by far. There are so many different spots which all work under different factors. In 35 years of surfing, I've yet to find anywhere as good for the price. We have an extremely versatile beach within walking distance to the villa. This covers winds from South to North, small swell to huge swell. There are also some classic secret spots within 15 minutes drive, as well as 'Supers' just 5 minutes south.
The villa is of exceptional quality. There is a jacuzzi outisde which is perfect for warming up and relaxing in after the last surf of the day. There is also a pellet fire which heats up the entire house, which will make for a snug and comfortable place to relax in between surfs.
- Specific lessons and coaching to your personal needs as well as to the group.
- Coaching using at least one video analysis or photography session per day.
- Guidance to and “in” the best breaks with specific tips on where to sit on the break for that session.
- Water safety.
- Transport to and from the villa to the breaks.
- Half board included with accommodation - Breakfast and Lunch will be included. Evening meal is on a self catering or eat out basis.
- Transfers to and from the airport.
- Ideally 4x3mm suit but a 3x2mm wetsuit should suffice. Water typically will be between 14 - 20c that time of year.
- Warm clothes and a waterproof/windproof jacket for the occasional cold evening.
- Holiday insurance which covers surfing. I really recommend surfoffsure.co.uk for a surf specific policy that even covers your equipment.
- Some Euro's for evening meals, drinks and snacks.
- Waterproof sunscreen. I swear by SWOX which has looked after my skin for the past 3 years.
We will be within walking distance of one of the biggest surf shops in Portugal. With over 500 boards in stock at any point, this is the place to get boards, or to pick them up and 'feel' them out.
Amazing places to eat for all budgets. We'll be making the most of the local cuisine and mingling with the locals.