Peniche: If it's good enough for the World tour...
23 - 30 SEPT '17
Fly to Lisbon (LIS). Get to the airport for the morning. There are many bargain flights from the cheap airlines.
Rede Expressos buses from “Sete Rios” in Lisbon.
Rapido TEJO from “Campo Grande” (working days only!)
The buses leave every hour, the whole ride from Lisbon to Peniche takes approximately 1 1/2 hours
Costs: 9 – 17 €
(At Sete Rios you buy your tickets from the counter inside the bus station. In the Rapido Tejo busses, you pay when entering the bus. Buying tickets online in advance is really not necessary.)
We'll then pick you up from the Peniche bus station.
The villa close which is in walking distance to the beach. Peniche is a 40 minute drive from Lisbon.
Peniche is the home of the world famous 'Supertubos'. This place is exceptional. Quite frankly the most consistent spot in Europe by far. There are so many different spots which all work under different factors. In 35 years of surfing, I've yet to find anywhere as good for the price. We have an extremely versatile beach within walking distance to the villa. This covers winds from South to North, small swell to huge swell. There are also some classic secret spots within 15 minutes drive, as well as 'Supers' just 5 minutes south.
The vila is of exceptional quality. There is a jacuzzi outisde which is perfect for warming up and relaxing in after the last surf of the day. There is also a pellet fire which heats up the entire house, which will make for a snug and comfortable place to relax in between surfs.
- Specific lessons and coaching to your personal needs as well as to the group.
- Coaching using at least one video analysis or photography session per day.
- Guidance to and “in” the best breaks with specific tips on where to sit on the break for that session.
- Water safety.
- Transport to and from the villa to the breaks.
- Half board included with accommodation - Breakfast and Lunch will be included. Evening meal is on a self catering or eat out basis.
- 3x2mm wetsuit should suffice, however it you feel the cold then bring a 4x3mm too. Water typically will be between 14 - 20C that time of year.
- Warm clothes and a waterproof/windproof jacket for the occasional cold evening.
- Some Euro's for evening meals, drinks and snacks.
- Holiday insurance which covers surfing. I really recommend surfoffsure.co.uk for a surf specific policy that even covers your equipment.
- Waterproof sunscreen. I recommend SWOX which I personally use on all my trips.
We will be within walking distance of one of the biggest surf shops in Portugal. With over 500 boards in stock at any point, this is the place to get boards, or to pick them up and 'feel' them out.
This place is one of the most surf rich spots in Europe. There is something here for everyone.