Luxurious "Live Aboard" boat trip. Exploring the islands for perfect surf.
22 June - 2 JULY 2017
Fly to Male International (MLE). The boat sails check in is at 22.00. Your flight needs to land prior to this on 22nd and leave on 2nd July after 22.00pm. This is due to the SeaPlane for our outbound journey landing in Male at 20.30 2nd July.
Myself, and/or crew members will be awaiting upon arrival, and a boat transfer scheduled to take us to the main vessel. Please note, there is a 25kg TOTAL weight limit on the Internal Sea Plane charter.
Fancy surfing up to 30 different waves in Maldives? Well, Unisurfity has teamed up with one of the fastest boats in the Atolls and the guide, Marty, who has over 15 years experience. This is all to get you in the best, least crowded and most fun waves the planet has to offer. If you were ever thinking of getting on a boat trip, then this is the one. This trip opens up both the North and Central Atolls. We'll start up in the North Atolls, but if the conditions look good for the Central, we'll motor down between surfs to benefit from the less crowded and punchier waves down there. The trip will end with a seaplane flight back to Male (included in price) from Laamu. Having now coached and surfed more surf spots than I can count, the Maldives is the best playground I've found yet to boost your surfing. The waves are just fun from take-off to kick-out. There are heavy and hollow breaks, through to long, fast but gentle breaks, all to try out and obtain the personal goals Jez set's out for you each day.
No driving about looking for waves. Just wake up, stretch, and then go surfing. If we have to move to other islands or different breaks to chase a swell, it usually gets done while we're sleeping - dreaming of what you are going to achieve tomorrow. As always Jez will be on hand to give coaching advice and shoot a video for analysis, as well as help you in the line-ups too.
- Specific lessons and coaching to your personal needs as well as to the groups
- Coaching using at least one video analysis or photography session per day
- Guidance to the best breaks with specific tips on where to sit on the break for that session
- Internal Flight from Laamu to Male (please note 25kg limit)
- Water safety
- Transport to and from the mother ship to the surf breaks
- Full board accommodation in air conditioned rooms on a boat selected for its quality and professional service
- Unlimited water per day
- Transfers to/from the airport and to the main vessel.
- Holiday insurance which covers surfing. I really recommend surfoffsure.co.uk for a surf specific policy that even covers your equipment.
- Waterproof sunscreen. I recommend Swox face and body protection which I swear by.
- Some USD for the boat's bar, souvenirs, and crew tips. Beer is typically $5 per tin.
- Spare everything - fins, leashes, boards, a ding repair kit. There's no surf shops here so bring what you might need.
Reef boots are always a good idea for anyone new to reef surfing. A cut foot can ruin your holiday so bring some. Also if your really probe to sunburn then bring a long sleeve rashvest and maybe even some lycra leggings as the backs of your legs will get cooked! Gear up at Boardshop.co.uk and use UNISURF10 at checkout for a discount.