28 Nov -5 Dec 2016
Fuerteventura: Last of the Summer warmth but with Winter swells
28 Nov - 5 dec 2016
Fly to Fuerteventura (FUE). Get to the airport for the morning. This is a popular destination for sun seeking tourists so there are plenty of flights from the cheap airlines. Once again, just get to the airport and we'll take it from there. We'll drive up to the villa close to the North coast surf spots, which are no more than 20 minutes away.
The volcanic Canary Islands are known as the "Hawaii of the Atlantic" not only for their beauty but also for their powerful waves.
Most of the spots are lava based reef breaks which means the surf is extremely consistent in not only quantity but in quality too. This time of year is when the winds are at their most favourable. We will have access to 2 World class waves should the conditions be right. Los Lobos, which is a short boat ride away and also a few secret spots on the infamous North coast will be our training and play grounds.
The Villa is located in a quiet clos just outside of Correlejo. It's family owned and run by the best surf guide on the island. WIth over 15 years of local knowledge, we're sure to be surfing at the right spot at the right time. No questions!
The villa also has a jacuzzi and garden to chill out in post surf too.
Correlejo, which is a short drive away, is loaded with quality but affordable restaurants offering local and international cuisine. Due to this, then the trip is on a half board basis so that we can either eat or or travel into the town to benefit from the local outlets.
- Specific lessons and coaching to your personal needs as well as to the group.
- Coaching using at least one video analysis or photography session per day.
- Guidance to and “in” the best breaks with specific tips on where to sit on the break for that session.
- Water safety.
- Transport to and from the villa.
- Half board included with accommodation - Breakfast and Lunch will be included. Evening meal is on a self catering or eat out basis.
- Transfers to and from the airport.
- 2mm wetsuit or wetsuit top. The water will be around the 21 tot 23 Celcius, but a wetsuit for early mornings and windy days is recommended.
- Reef boots.
- Warm clothes and a waterproof/windproof jacket for the occasional cold evening.
- Holiday insurance which covers surfing. I really recommend surfoffsure.co.uk for a surf specific policy that even covers your equipment.
- Waterproof sunscreen. I recommend Aloe Up for kids which you can find here.
- Some Euro's for evening meals, drinks and snacks.
Due to the nature of the reefs, a spare set of fins might be needed should you have a little "mishap" getting into or out of the waves.
If your looking for a board to buy or want to try out lots of FireWire's, there's a fantastic surf shop which carries a huge range of boards that you can rent for your stay. Ask for details when you book.