9 Nov - 19 nov 2017
Fuerteventura: Last of the Summer warmth but with Winter swells
9 Nov - 19 nov 2017
Fly to Fuerteventura (FUE). Get to the airport for the morning and we'll take it from there. This is a popular destination for sun seeking tourists so there are plenty of flights from the cheap airlines. We'll drive up to the villa close to the North coast surf spots, which is no more than 20 minutes away.
The volcanic Canary Islands are known as the "Hawaii of the Atlantic" not only for their beauty but also for their powerful waves.
Most of the high quality waves break of lava reefs. The surf is extremely consistent. Not only in quantity but in quality too. The dates chosen are to match when big swells and favourable winds combine. We will have access to some seriously good breaks. Los Lobos, which is a short boat ride away is the jewel in the crown. There are also some secret spots on the infamous North coast which can be exceptional on their day. We have a plethora of surf which we will be lucky enough to call our training ground over the 10 days.
Even though UniSURFity knows the island well, local knowledge prevails. Therefore we've teamed up with Tom, our host and guide. With over 20 years of local surfing knowledge then we are bound to hit the best conditions that the day offers. Right spot, Right time guaranteed!
The Villa is located in a quiet area just outside of Correlejo. It's family owned and run by the best surf guide on the island. It's superbly clean and functional layout along with the a garden is a great place to chill out after the full day of surfing. There's even a jacuzzi to help unwind those tired surf muscles.
Correlejo, which is a short drive away, is loaded with quality but affordable restaurants offering local and international cuisine. Due to this, then the trip is on a half board basis so that we can either eat or or travel into the town to benefit from the local outlets.
- Specific lessons and coaching to your personal needs as well as to the group.
- Coaching using at least one video analysis or photography session per day.
- Guidance and "in water" tips which are 'break' specific as well as to your personal needs.
- Water safety.
- Transport to and from the villa.
- 'Board and Breakfast' included with accommodation - Breakfast included. Lunch and evening meal is on a self catering or eat out basis. This is to maximise our surf time.
- Transfers to and from the airport.
- 2mm wetsuit or wetsuit top. The water will be around the 21 tot 23 Celcius, but a wetsuit for early mornings and windy days is recommended.
- Reef boots.
- Warm clothes and a waterproof/windproof jacket for the occasional cold evening.
- Holiday insurance which covers surfing. I really recommend surfoffsure.co.uk for a surf specific policy that even covers your equipment.
- Waterproof sunscreen. I recommend Aloe Up for kids which you can find here.
- Some Euro's for evening meals, drinks and snacks.
Due to the nature of the reefs, a spare set of fins might be needed should you have a little "mishap" getting into or out of the waves.
If your looking for a board to buy or want to try out lots of FireWire's, there's a fantastic surf shop which carries a huge range of boards that you can rent for your stay. Ask for details when you book.